Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Which browser uses the least amount of system resources?

• Please log in to reply

RandomUserName

RandomUserName

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I often have a lot of things running at once, and I'm tired of everything always freezing and saying my browser is taking up like 80% of my resources, or whatever that's called.

I don't like IE, because it messes up far too often.
I'm not too fond of Firefox either ... but I'm willing to try anything at this point.
Of all the web browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Flock, Safari, etc. etc. can someone please make a list of most-resource-hoggish to least? Thanks. ^^

Advertisement

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I use firefox and it works fine for me and I use IE on occasion.

It appears you are having problems with your browser hogging resources because of malware. I dsee that Kahdah was helping you last week. You should let him continue assisting you so any browser you choose will work more efficiently. :whistling:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,812 posts
Malware aside (in other words, once you are clear of malware, as coachwife6 has said), I find that Firefox and Opera are the quickest and safest browsers. If you are using lots of programs at once, then it may pay to upgrade your computer's hardware components also.

Advertisement