Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS-Works Calendar

• Please log in to reply

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Anyone know where the calendar (entries) is/are stored?

I currently (automatically) back up all my personal files, e-mail, etc. daily, but since I haven't been able to find the calendar's hiding place, I need to export it to a folder that is included in the backup. I often only remember to do this about once a week, even though I update my calendar several times a day. I'd like to just have it backed up from wherever the heck it sits.

I apologise if this is the wrong forum for this.

Edited by vinny_the_hack, 14 August 2007 - 10:48 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You don't say which version of MS Works you're using, but have look at this (third item down from top): http://www.8-p.de/ma...orks/wkscal.htm

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Sorry about that. I've got MS-Works 6. I checked both those locations and both contain exclusively application files except for one "tmp" file. I've looked at dozens of places without success. I also did a "search" for what I thought would be the extension--a light bulb just went off! I'll be back. BTW, thanks for your time.

vinny_the_hack

vinny_the_hack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Ok, I found it/them. I did a search for the extension mentioned in the Q&A you pointed me to, "wcd", and voila! The two of them were sitting there casually chewing the fat32 over a cup of java completely oblivious to how much trouble they've been causing me. The both of them are SO grounded. They are not allowed out again until the calendar hits 2008. They live at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Works

Thanks for your help.