Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I have been trying to change the stationery for received and outgoing messages on Microsoft Outlook, as I keep getting messages in all sorts of colors and backgrounds,(this morning it was blue text on black background; very difficult to read).

I went to Outlook 2003 help on-line and followed the instructions which are as follows:

From the main Outlook window, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
In the Compose in this message format list, click HTML.
Click Stationery Picker.
In the Stationery box, click the stationery you want to change, and then click Edit.
Select the options you want to use.
Note This procedure is available only if you use HTML as your message

But nothing has changed when I open up this message,same colors appear.

Please advise

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
As far as I know, as long as you receive HTML type email, you will receive email with the stationery the senders use. The only way to break this is to set your Options/Preferences to Text Only email. I don't use Outlook so may be wrong and I'll stand corrected.

Ron