Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java? Lycos? problem.

• Please log in to reply

N_tropic

N_tropic

• Pip
  • 5 posts
This is a strange one. I am a regular user of Lycos chatrooms and until recently had no problem accessing or connecting to the server. For a few days now, I have still been able to join the rooms. But am unable to see what others are typing. The user names are visible, but none of their text is. I uninstalled all old java versions and downloaded the latest edition. I also updated my IE to (7). I emptied temp internet files, cookies etc and still the problem remains. I also tried connecting with firefox and the same occurs. Can anyone shed some light on why this may be as it is most annoying and puzzling?

Thank you in advance. (AVG Anti virus picks nothing up. Spybot removed all malware present and Ad adware cleaned the rest).

My system restore will only go back to the 14th also, which I find strange.

Advertisements