Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen. Cache not detected. Illegal attempt to...

• Please log in to reply

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Computer was working fine, then I got the blue screen. I'm not very computer literate. What do I need to do here? Thanks.

I have run the utilities program from boot up and the following errors have come up :
L1 cache pattern 0700:0120 no cache detected, disabled or defective
L1 cache walking illegal attempt to disable Intel CH SMI without restoring orignial values first
L2 cache pattern 0700:0320 no cache detected, disabled or defective
L2 cache walking illegal attempt to disable Intel CH SMI without restoring orignial values first
L2 MATS 0700:0520 no cache detected, disabled or defective.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Sounds like a dead CPU.
Also sounds like you copied this post from 2 years ago.

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Lol. I did a search online first and found that. It's the same thing mine did so I copied it...easier than writing it all down. So know sure answer? 'Cause or solution? Thanks.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Do you have the particular BSOD details?

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I don't even know what BSOD means. Should've said not computer literate instead of not "very".

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Sorry, it means blue screen of death.
The blue screen when the system crashes will display a particular error. Do you know any details of what it is?

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think I was on the computer when I got the blue screen. It's been a while. My mother called and wanted me to find some information for her, then shortly after I got the blue screen. I had the numbers written down before but I don't have them on me now.

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I meant that I don't think I had just turned on the computer and got the blue screen. I believe I had been on it then got it, so I thought it was a virus.

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I can post the error code but it'll take me a day or 2 because i'm not home.

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I found it, I posted it elswhere months ago, took me a bit to figure out where.
0x00000024(0x00190203) 0x81AB35E0 0xc0000102 0x00000000

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Can you operate the computer now? I am not sure I understood. L1 and L2 cache memory are essential parts of the cpu. If they are damaged the cpu must be replaced. If they are disabled then they must be enabled in the BIOS (the BIOS is the most basic program of the computer. It's "etched" to a cerain chip on the motherboard. Sometimes it's get corrupted and repair procedures must be performed. Sometimes the BIOS chip gets damaged and the entire motherboard must be replaced). Please follow these instructions to reset the BIOS.

Disconnect the power cable from the back of the computer. Open the side cover and carefully take out the cmos battery (looks like a silvery button). Keep it out for about 15 minutes. Reinstall in the reverse order and reboot. You will probably get a checksome error. If you do, enter BIOS by pressing Del or F2 repeatedly when starting the computer until BIOS tables show up. Set time and date, save the new values and let the computer boot. There are computers in which other keys have to be used to enter BIOS. You can find the correct key when looking at the screen right after pressing the start button. Look for what key you have to press to enter setup.

If you feel that the procedure is beyond your capabilities then I suggest that you use the services of a decent lab.

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The only thing I can do is run the system check or whatever it's called. I checked the driver first and it was good. When I clicked on check it all it only took a second for the "cache problem" to appear. When I click on "continue with the system check after the initial "cache not detected" notice I get the Intel CH SMI illegal attempt notice, and all of that. Then I can't continue with the system check....goes to blue screen. I can click on Safe Mode or the other options but I still get the blue screen. I've never disabled anything. Is it likely a virus has done this and if so is it still there after I fix the problem? Thanks for al the help.

MarcStvn

MarcStvn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I won't pay to have it fixed. Cheaper to buy another one.