Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zlob Probs

• Please log in to reply

Shwae

Shwae

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've run into my first real case of the Zlob trojan recently. Ran an Ad-Aware SE scan that found it, quarantened it, and a few parts got deleted as well. It read as Win32.Trojandownloader.Zlob in the scan logs, and 60 something programs, regestry files, and such were removed from use. For the most part it looks like I have sucessfully removed it.

..Except for this.. I've got this annoying icon in my toolbar that every minute or so would pop up in a balloon telling me that there is a "System Alert!" and that I should click here to download a software program to remove all the Spyware on my computer.

I'm not an expert with computers, but I know for a fact that his is a load of hogwash. Ad-Aware isn't detecting it, and neither is Norton, albiet I'm running 2005. I've never used HiJack This in my life, only because it's always looked complex.

Can anyone help me to remove this annoying bubble attack? I'm willing to do anything necessary to remove this thing short of actually giving away my machine or money.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Please go to the Malware section of this forum and follow the instructions at the top. Especially the Click Here link. That will give you several steps that will help you clean up most of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the cleanup process you are still having difficulty, and you may not be, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Please be patient as the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware Section, please return to this thread. Please do not post a HiJackThis log in this thread unless asked to do so and then only as an attachment. To attach log, when requested, either change the .log extension to .txt, or put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

Please post back if your problem has been solved.

Ron

Shwae

Shwae

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply Major Payne, and sorry for the long wait in updating. I don't have very much free time on my computer as I'd like.

I followed your link, and SUPERAntiSpyware took care of my problem. I'm all set.

I'm surprised how good a program it is though. Regardless, thanks for the help, I'm all set.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Glad you could find the right solution to your problem and for posting back with it. Thank you for using GTG.

Ron