Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Internet connection really slow!

• Please log in to reply

Zaine7673

Zaine7673

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
hey guys,
sorry if this is in the wrong category but i didnt know where else to put it. :whistling:

Basically, Whats happened is that my internet connection has gone really slow. I know its gone slow because it used to be much faster and around a week ago it just started loading pages real slow. My firefox is tweaked to get the best results but still its taking like 1 minute to open a page.

Personally i dont think its firefox, i think its something to do with my wireless connection. When i sit next to router with the laptop (Netgear DG834G) it works at a decent speed but although my router is only placed one floor below my room, when i try to use it from there it becomes soo sloooww!

I'd like to point out that my router used to be placed on the bottom floor and i used to surf the web with a good speed but then this problem occured so i tried placing on the middle floor but still its the same old s**t!!!

any help or advice on this matter would be appreciated GREATLY!

thanks in advance.

Advertisements