I've decided on a forum (Simple Machines, unless someone out there really thinks I should use phpBB2), but I'm not sure about galleries. She said that my choices are 4images, Coppermine, or Gallery. The only gallery system I'm familiar with is Coppermine, and I don't regard it as flawless. However, I'm having a hard time finding sites where I can see the other two in action. Even if I could, I wouldn't be able to see it from an admin's perspective.
Here's what I'm looking for:
- A gallery primarily for people to join and share their photos.
- Image editing capabities are nice, but unnecessary.
- Subdirectories or "photo albums" are best, although most galleries already offer them anyway.
- A simple ratings system of some sort would be good. Preferably "thumbs up/thumbs down," or a feature which allows members to bookmark favorite photos and shows how many times a photo has been favorite'd.
- Users should be able to leave comments on photos. Even better, if comments are required for ratings, so people can see who rated what and how (to discourage anonymous "downvoting").
So, have any of you run or set up a gallery for a site before? If so, could I get your opinions on which one to choose, according to my requirements?
Edited by Radien, 20 August 2007 - 05:45 AM.