Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Wont connect to internet after sleeping

• Please log in to reply

DarkMystic122

DarkMystic122

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Im not sure if this is under the right section but here it goes. I usually connect my laptop to my cable modem via USB cable. And whenever my laptop goes asleep when I close the lid and open it back up and the desktop loads it wont connect to the internet so I normally have to restart. When I look at the network connections and the properties where it says Send and Recieve that seems to move a lot slower after waking up my computer. Ive tried waiting a few minutes, repairing/renewing the ip address, pinging and it has even done this when I make a fresh installation of Windows XP. Is there anyway I can fix this so I wont have to restart everytime the laptop goes to sleep? Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Has it always been like that or it's something that started latter?

If you have more then one USB port try to move the connection to another port.

Try to reinstall the modem driver.

If you connect other devices to the same USB port are they working well after sleep?

DarkMystic122

DarkMystic122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Its been doing that for the past month or so. If I stick my printer or usb drive they seem to work fine after sleep. Ill try reinstalling the drivers.