Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help... Runtime Error!

• Please log in to reply

SMSLittle1

SMSLittle1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I am having a problem that starting occuring recently. When I try to open certain games on AOL, I get the following message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program C:\program files\aol9.0\waol.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

When I click OK, it shuts down and restarts AOL. Everything else works fine. I have tried so many things to fix this problem and I don't know what else to do. I have even gone as far as deleting and reinstalling AOL. I have searched the internet to no end looing for a solution.

Can anybody please help me????? You have no idea how much I would appreciate it.

I hope I am posting this in the right section. I am new to this board.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!
S

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
From a website for people who write programs:

A pure function should never be invoked. However, a buggy program or a buggy compiler can sometimes call a pure virtual function. In general, when a pure virtual function is invoked, the program crashes.

In layman terms, a a pure virtual function is a call to a part of a program that does not exist so under normal circumstances you should never see this error because it should never want to do something that it's never been able to do.
In other words, your AOL program has malfunctioned major big time. Not uncommon with AOL.

Although this talks about Microsoft Money, it should still be applicable.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240437 - follow the appropriate fix for your version of Windows.

Edited by Neil Jones, 21 August 2007 - 04:56 PM.