Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost CD rom drive

• Please log in to reply

Ardent

Ardent

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I am using windows XP home, and I have run into a problem. My son was using my pc and he said he got a "blue screen " crash. He removed all the USB devices and was able to find out that the mouse was causing the problem. He installed a new mouse and the problem went away( at least I hope so) Today I purchased a new wireless keyboard and mouse by Logitech and installed them. I got them connected and they run well. I went to install the software and put the cd in and it started to go but nothing happened. I went to my computer and there wasn't a drive for the cd rom, instead there was an icon that was for a "mobile device"which I assumed was the keyboard and mouse.I am not sure if this loss is due to the keyboard mouse or the blue screen error. How can I get my cd rom drive to show up and work?
Thanks for your help.

Mark

Advertisements

goo321

goo321

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Does the CD show up in device manager?

Control panel-> system Properties -> Hardware Tab - > Device Manager (in windows xp)

If so you can add letter to it under contol panel -> administartive tools -> Disk managemnt and right clicking on the cd name.

If not, just to ask have you rebooted?

Check to see if it shows up in bios. An option as soon as you boot up the computer. delete button or f8 or something. It will tell you.

If not check to make sure it is set to master correctly if appropriate?

Edited by goo321, 22 August 2007 - 08:07 PM.

Ardent

Ardent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Thanks got it fixed!