Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! BIG PROBLEM!

• Please log in to reply

jessicabl

jessicabl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! I am having a serious problem! i am on my moms computer right not but i really need mine back so i hope someone can help me! when i turn on my computer a screen comes up that says "insert BOOT diskette in A" if i hit delete and tab enough times i can bring up a blue screen that says AMIBIOS but that is all it will do!!! does anyone have any suggestions? :whistling:

Advertisements

jessicabl

jessicabl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
how do i reboot from the bios?

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
When you get to the bios screen, does your computer recognize your hard drive? It will be under the setup tab.

jessicabl

jessicabl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
if that is pri master or pri slave that states it is not installed. secondary master it states dvd, secodary slave not installed. is that what you mean? ive tried to reload windows and it states cannot find hard drive

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Yes, your hard drive should be the Primary Master. If it does not recognize it then most likely your drive has gone bad. Had it been making any noise recently or given any indication it was going out, such as Blue Screen Errors or anything like that?

jessicabl

jessicabl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, it had been making a clicking noise. Is there a way to copy it or at least get some of the stuff out of it?
Thanks so much.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
You can take it out of your PC and hook it up as a slave drive in another PC and try to get the data off of it. Before you hook it up place it in the freezer for a while, sometimes getting it good and cold will help get it running long enough to recover some of your data.