Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer... not getting a Beep

• Please log in to reply

nofx1728

nofx1728

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
New Computer Specs:
E6600 Dual Channel Processor
Evga Geforce 8800 GTS
4 1GB Kingston pc2-6400 800mhz
Thermaltake Armor VA8000B Case
Samsung 204 bw 20" monitor
MSI P6N SLI Platinum Motherboard
Western Digital 150GB SATA 10,000 WD1500AHFD
Samsung DVD Burner
Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Power Supply

Just put this computer together. I'm getting no beep on startup. My monitor says "Check Signal Cable." I've tried using the Samsung LCD with DVI and tried using a Viewsonic PF95+. When I hit the power button on my system All the fans turn on. My 3 case fans turn on. My heatsink fan on mb turns on. My heatsink for the processor turns on. The hard drive fan turns on. The power supply fan turns on. I hear the hard drive spin when power is first turned on as well. My led1 light on the MB is yellow. My led2 light on the MB is green. My graphics card fan is spinning. There are no beeps being made. I have all 4 memory slots filled with my RAM.

I tried getting a POST with just the cpu, graphics, and memory. Still no beep. I'm pretty sure the monitor is turning on when power is given as well. I tried using 1 memory stick. In different slots. Tried with different memory sticks. Still can't get a POST, and I'm hearing no beeps.

I have no clue what to do from this point. Someone please help me out. I'm freaking out here.

Thanks,

nofx1728

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Are you sure that all of the connections to the board, video card, and any others from the PSU are secure and have a good connection? It seems like you should have enough power to run that with a 700W PSU.

PS: Your rig looks pretty sweet too.

Edited by jackflash1991, 22 August 2007 - 12:46 AM.

nofx1728

nofx1728

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
The connections should be good. Motherboard lcd's are showing and fans are working. The graphics card fan is spinning. I disconnected HDD and Burner just trying to get POST. Not sure how to determine if it is my motherboard, video card, power supply, memory, or CPU. I'm guessing its not memory because I have tried 4 sticks, 2 sticks, 1 stick and nothing has changed. So I would guess it would be ps, mb, vc, or CPU. I'm stuck.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I'm guessing it is a bad board. If you have another video card test that on your mobo. Also it would be good if you could test your RAM on another computer. If your RAM is good and it's still a no go with a different video card then I would RMA the board.