Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook 03: trouble setting an email background color.

• Please log in to reply

mr_malkovich

mr_malkovich

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
hey all...

i'm trying to set the background of an email message to black. with html formatting set, i went to Format - background and set it to black. then i sent it to my Yahoo email account to be sure it worked beforehand, and it did not. so i saw a site that told me to remove Word as the email editor and try it again, which i did to no avail. I read on yet another site about how body tags may be the answer, but i'm not sure what the exact code is, or where in the email to post it. can anyone help? thanks in advance...

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
HTML emails break on Yahoo's end because Yahoo is using their own HTML which overrides any additional formatting you apply. The only real way it's going to work is if the email is viewed in Outlook Express or similiar because then only the HTML in the mail is formatted.