Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Crossfire

• Please log in to reply

snoopy55

snoopy55

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My brother and I were looking at the new ATI Radeon 2400 and 2600 video boards. They state that they are CrossFire Supported. Only some of them have the two CrossFire connectors. I figured they were external connection but he insists they stopped using that a few dozen video cards back. At first this was a challenge to find the answer, but as I just lost the onboard sound on my MoBo, I may be looking for a dual PCI-E 16X MoBo. I play Firaxis' Railroads! and like alot of other people, get a fair number of CTDs as it runs the CPU at 100% solid. I have a Radeon X800, 256Mb now. Will a dual video help and how do those non-Crossfire connector cards work?

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I don't know a lot about ATIs, I'm a Nvidia fanboy, but dual video cards will double the video performance. Meaning you will be able to run your games on higher settings and you will get a better frame rate. A better frame rate means less glitching.

Edited by jackflash1991, 23 August 2007 - 12:20 AM.