Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice on how to relearn technologies

• Please log in to reply

mrlylos

mrlylos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

I'm applying for quite a few jobs at the moment and there are a few possibilities of interviews on the horizon. The jobs all require some knowledge of things like PHP, CGI, Perl, Unix Shell Scripting, XML, JavaScript/VBScript, .NET, Java, JSP, HTML, CSS, Unix/Linux system administration, SQL, MySQL, IIS Administration.

I am ofay with some of these technologies but have been in a job where I haven't been using them every day and have become quite rusty. I also have no clue about some of the others....! I have been using computers for 20 years so I can pick up things quickly.

I would really like to know if there is anywhere I can learn the above technologies quickly, I've tried the obvious - google, wikipedia etc but wondered if any of you know of any good resources. I don't need to know them in great detail, just would like to have an idea so I don't look like a prat in the interviews.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Well, W3Schools is a good place for learning some of that stuff. Mainly the online stuff like HTML, CSS, XML, etc... Other than that, go to a book store and pick up some books. Also, I find wikipedia is a great way to look like you know more than you do. :whistling:

Edited by stettybet0, 23 August 2007 - 11:42 AM.