Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card improvement?

• Please log in to reply

uips

uips

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Folks, i currently have an athlon 3800x2 system with a gigabyte mobo and 2 gig of ddr2 800mhz ram. I am currently using the onboard graphics on the mobo but i have the opportunity to buy a Sapphire x1300 256mb pci express for a cheap price off a friend.... would that be a significant improvement to merit the extra outlay do you think?

Link to mobo http://www.komplett....aspx?sku=336807

the mobo onboard graphics is x1200 based or something

Edited by uips, 23 August 2007 - 12:47 PM.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
It would be a good improvement. The x1200 is so low it is off my chart. How much are you buying it for?

uips

uips

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
40 euro. tis not a bad price i reckon

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
You can buy a new one for 55 euro on that website, so I would offer 30 max. Especially because it's second hand, and an older card.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
What exactly are you using this computer for, to be honest you are going to notice very little performance gain. If you just use your computer for office applications you'll notice very little difference if anything. If I were you I would not do it.
James