Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delayed Write Failure Error

• Please log in to reply

Totto Chan

Totto Chan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am Totto and I need :blink: with my computer, which has been working fine for 2 years.
Recently, when I open any folder, my comp slows down and often stops completely. I need to manually reboot.
And sometimes, an error message "Delayed Write Failure" popped up. I checked on internet and it says that it is connected to system cache. I followed the instruction on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330174 and uncheck the "Enable write caching on the disk" feature but I don't think it works.

I have not added any new hardware or install any software.
My main hard drive is fine but the secondary one seems to have trouble as I tried to scan disk one partition but it din't work.
My comp is
Pentium 4 with 1.49 GHz
memory of 1 Gig
Window XP Home Edition
1st hard drive is 40 G
2nd hard drive is 200 G (I partition this into 3 NTFS)

What can I do to correct this without reformatting the drive? Please help :whistling:
Thank you very much!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is usually a sign of a hard drive on the way out. The reluctance of Scandisk to have anything to do with the affected drive is your clue.