Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broadcom Driver appears and then disappears

• Please log in to reply

The Poet

The Poet

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Under device manager in normal mode, i cant see my network adapter and therefore i cant connect to the wireless connection at my house.

But when i boot up in safe mode with networking features, i can see my network adapter in device manager, its a Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g. Everything seems to be good so i boot up normally and nothing. Windows says that there isn't any network adapter installed, and under device manager, nothing comes up under network adapters only bluetooth and Nvida network cards.

I've tried reinstalling the drivers over, but nothing. I am booted up the recovery manager that came with HP in roder to recover the drivers for the broadcom adapter, but nothing.

any help would really be appreciated.

Advertisements

whirredup

whirredup

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have exactly the same problem and HP doesn't know how to help me!

The Poet

The Poet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Well i found a way to kind of fix it. What you need to do is download the drivers for the broadcom a/b/g modem etc. and install them again. so this installs the device on teh computer. a reboot and sure enough it should work.

BUT....

everynow and then a reboot does nothing. so i've tried installing it again and nothing. i had to install in safe mode one time in order for it to work again. but now it seems this only solves the problem for like 24 hours, because then for no apparent reason the internet stops working, in other words the wireless broadcom just stops, and doesnt appear in device manager. very strange stuff, but i honestly dont know.