Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My LCD background turned blue

• Please log in to reply

OSS

OSS

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi all,
Yesterday was a very bad experience for me.A very HIGH voltage fluctuation roasted my PC out.The power supply was not working and i was facing troubles with my mobo as well.The biggest problem i am facing now is that my LG LCD backhground has turned blue.I dont know what to do.When i auto adjust it,the black background comes for just a second and then vanishes again.I have also went to customer services but they also failed to fix the problem.Please help me if any one has any type of experience like this

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I presume you mean your monitor?
This can be caused by a faulty monitor cable, its very unlikely (though probably not unheard of) for a surge to kill a few million LCD pixels so they all get stuck blue. More likely a cable or card problem.

OSS

OSS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have checked with another computer but the bluish background is still there.That means no problem with my VGA card.
I havenot checked my LCD cable.Any other suggestions about to fix my LCD

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
The only thing you can do is change what you can, change computers, change cables, change power cables, and also change the power to a different plug in the wall preferably on a different circuit.

Past that its more than likely the lcd itself.