Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple windows popping up! HELP!

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I don't know what is going on here! While I am surfing, or even when I am away from my pc, I come back, and up to 6 "blank windows" are open. There is nothing showing in these windows, just a white screen, with the blue bar on top, but it does Not say "internet explorer", just has something like "Click: Start" in the left corner of the blue bar, or something similar to that. I have my pop up blocker enabled, and I have my phishing filter enabled (I even tried disabling it, but that didn't help), I did a complete scan with Ad-Aware 2007, I scanned with Windows Defender too, and also did a virus scan, but this is still going on. does anyone know why multiple blank windows would just appear out of nowhere? Please help, this is driving me crazy! :whistling:

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my list of programs below). Take all the preliminary steps. After

the experts from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this

forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.