Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant find "ethernet controller" drivers for presario sr1950n

• Please log in to reply

tWiStEdArRow

tWiStEdArRow

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I just formated and reinstalled windows on my compaq presario sr1950nx and now my computer cant find drivers for the "ethernet controller" i cant connect to the web as I connect through an ethernet wire and my modem is not picked up by my computer! I have no idea what to do please help.

I searched google for an answer but i only found someone else with the exact same prob except he got a new hd while i formated my original one.

I have tried compaq tech support AMAZINGLY MY WARRANTY ENDED ON TEH 6TH AND ONLY 19 DAYS LATER I GET MY FIRST PROBLEM!!!! Now they say i have to pay for the tech support.. yeah right!

Heres the only link i can find related to my problem but the answers given do not solve it:
http://forums.cnet.c...ssageID=2509499

edit: I instaled windows xp home edition sp2

Edited by tWiStEdArRow, 26 August 2007 - 04:06 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Why Don't you try this one
Click on me
Or is that the one you tried.
Cheers
Peterm

Edited by peterm, 27 August 2007 - 01:16 AM.

tWiStEdArRow

tWiStEdArRow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
LOL this is the one i tried.!!

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Have you got a Live Linux CD? Boot it and go get your drivers. Works with Dells.

highcomtech

highcomtech

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am a computer technician. I see many home systems during the week. I had this same problem. Loading the ethernet driver for the Compaq Presario sr1950nx. I did some searching and found no answers. I downloaded the only driver from hp's site which peterm created a link for, but it only got some nvidia enumerator driver. I decided after searching to add in a dlink ethernet card that we just had lying around and when the system booted both the Dlink card and the onboard nvida ethernet controller were found. My suggestion would be to try to reboot after you download the driver. This worked for me. If this doesn't work my advice would be to add a ethernet card. Rebooting the system worked for me. Hope this helps

highcomtech

Seanspade

Seanspade

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I just formated and reinstalled windows on my compaq presario sr1950nx and now my computer cant find drivers for the "ethernet controller" i cant connect to the web as I connect through an ethernet wire and my modem is not picked up by my computer! I have no idea what to do please help.

I searched google for an answer but i only found someone else with the exact same prob except he got a new hd while i formated my original one.

I have tried compaq tech support AMAZINGLY MY WARRANTY ENDED ON TEH 6TH AND ONLY 19 DAYS LATER I GET MY FIRST PROBLEM!!!! Now they say i have to pay for the tech support.. yeah right!

Heres the only link i can find related to my problem but the answers given do not solve it:
http://forums.cnet.c...ssageID=2509499

edit: I instaled windows xp home edition sp2

Go to the device manager, right click 'network adapters' and choose to reinstall driver, do a search, and of course point it to the drivers extract folder C:/softpaq/sp26744 and voila! It will add the NVidia Nforce Network controller.

Don't worry if you choose the wrong option in the device manager, as it won't work for anything but the right option, so you can't mess anything up.

I Googled this, but found the solution on my own.