Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell 922 AIO Printer on a new HP PC.

• Please log in to reply

eggyu

eggyu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, i hope that this subject is in the right forum topic and i am sorry if it is not (im new). Anyways, I just got a HP Pavilion d4990y with Windows Vista (32-bit) about a week ago and I wanted to hook up my dell 922 AIO printer to the new computer to scan in some picture, but my computer wont recognize the printer. I tried downloading the drivers and applications for the printer from dell.com for vista but it doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem? Thanks for any advice!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Apologies for this, but you did run the downloaded file?
Did you run the downloaded file and then plugged in the printer when it asked you to, or did you plug it all in first and then run the downloaded file?

Best thing to do, take it all off (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs), restart and run the downloaded file first, then plug the printer in when it tells you to.