Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• Please log in to reply

wwjv

wwjv

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Last week I began using information on this site to eliminate the WinAntiVirusPro 2007 infection. Was enduring constant re-directs and popups that rendered the internet useless. I went through the first two steps of the malware removal guide on "Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis log". I stopped after the Panda Activescan and did not go back to Service Pack1.
I used the computer over the weekend with much success. Today I used it in the morning without problems, but stepped out for lunch, when I returned I had messages from the spyware program showing several infections, I quarrantined them, it reccommended a re-boot, I did, and now it boots to the page that ask if you want to boot into safe mode. I've tried safe mode, last known good configuration, and the others, but on all tries it give the Blue screen for about 1/2 second then begins the boot process again, its a continuous loop.

The error on the blue screen is: STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x804F0CD2,0xF8935C8C,0xF8935988)
The computer is a HPnx9600 with a Pentium4, 3000 MHz, with 512MB of Ram.

Also, I do not have the XP Pro installation disk, as this computer was load using I thing Norton Ghost or something like that from a previous employer.

Is there any chance to repair this error, or am I dead in the water?

Thanks

Edited by wwjv, 29 August 2007 - 01:54 PM.

Advertisements