Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to quote someone?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
- http://www.phpbb.com...ode=bbcode#f0r0
This BBCode forum guide gives some ideas on posting quotes and other ideas that may (or may not) relate to this forum, and others.
Earlier 'most' forums used the same, or similar boards, but now there are several variations that do not use the former methods of BBcodes.
The Bulletin Board Codes have been altered from the first basic ones used to the newer current versions.
Bold is still used by using [b][ /b] and quotes can be used with [quote][/ quote] with the copy and pasted message between, but I needed to leave the gap between the / and the last word (or letter) or it will not show, EG.[quote][/ quote]

EDIT -
Please note that the Size function is not related to most current forums. We use size 2 as standard size usually.
Re Edited -
Size 1 is smaller and size 8 or 10 is too big for here.

Edited by noknojon, 21 June 2011 - 01:43 AM.

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Just a little correction to what noknojon has mentioned about size in Post #46 maximum size available to this forum is 7

Bentclub

Bentclub

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

maximum size available to this forum is 7

and other ideas that may (or may not) relate to this forum

The guide I linked to was just a basic idea on using BBCodes. This is one of the few boards that still use most codes listed in that link.
As Rediah pointed out there are limits on it's sizes used here.

Edited by noknojon, 21 June 2011 - 01:41 AM.

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

This BBCode forum guide gives some ideas on posting quotes and other ideas that may (or may not) relate to this forum, and others.

Yeah...

But if you want to use BBcode on the GeeksToGo!tm forums, please make sure to check out >THIS< thread, it lists all BBcode used here.
Also, if you are using the forum text-editor, press the Posted Image button to get to that beautiful BBcode place as well.

:)

Edited by Amst3rDamag3, 21 August 2011 - 06:09 PM.

crazyfresh

crazyfresh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok, so this is a test. Trying to figure quoting out;)

Aight, so I figured out what I wanted to know. Someone can close/delete this thread. I was just trying to find a place to practice :)

other than the method you found...you can also press the quote button on the post you want to quote...that will put the entire post in quotes and put the date time and name up in the top like this

I am also testing the quote method mentioned above, thanks

anonionous

anonionous

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Ahem.

Again, all you did was repeat your last post. the person in my quote doesn't exist. There is no username, Godess. (For one, its not spelt right.)

I AM GOD...ess.

And if you want to quote someone outside of the boards, TAKE THE POST LINK OFF.

post='1'

To produce:

I AM GOD...ess.

And I was not calling you a noob, just your method :)
BTW: Your method is incorrect. It is illegal and very RUDE to quote someone without displaying the original author's name. (though you can delete the date and time)

OMG

Edited by dandielionous, 18 May 2013 - 12:04 PM.

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Trying to understand quoting myself.

Because of the potential for harm, only staff members approved for malware removal are allowed to offer malware removal advice or reply to malware topics.