Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird unknown program on HD; can't delete :angry

• Please log in to reply

bloon

bloon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

I have a Mac powerbook with OSX10.4.

Today I was browsing the web and suddenly some sort of error popped up and it looked like it was from Mozilla Firefox. My brother looked at it and said he had heard that it was a type of virus. Well, at that point, it kept saying that there was a serious error with my hard drive and wouldn't let me shut down Firefox or my computer. I had to force shut it down. After I turned my computer back on, I had a weird program in my Macintosh HD called "MDS-Crash-State" and it has no description, no picture and it won't let me delete it unless I give my master password. This seemed weird because I've only had to enter my password to download or install stuff but never to delete something.

It'd be great if someone would tell me that this wasn't a virus and that's it's ok to delete it. But I wanted to check first.

Thanks for your help!!

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
http://www.thexlab.c...lightindex.html

:whistling: