Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinDVD Help

• Please log in to reply

Falcon6

Falcon6

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: When trying to get intervideo WinDVD to playon my laptop (hp pavilion ze4145) my screen switches turning different colors(like it's contaminated). It then tells me that I need an original wnaspi32.dll and it couldn't be found,then it tries finding aspi to load it. I put a DVD or CD in the drive and it tries to start spining but stops, repeating this over and over again but never actually reading the dvd or cd....I need help desperately..

David

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
what version, if any, do you have wnaspi32.dll

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
second thought, go here and download forceaspi

http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm

Falcon6

Falcon6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Gerryf......... As I was loading the Intervideo WinDVD..it tells me that I need the original wnaspi32.dll in order to play I suppose. I think it maybe have to deal with Windows NT.....I've got XP and it's not working when I download the same dll from Driversguide.com...and it still tells me I need the original wnaspi32.dll

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you see my second post?

Falcon6

Falcon6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did see the second post ,tried it and still nothing. Should I save whatever I need to from my laptop and have my system re-installed? I have tried several things to no avail!! This sucks