Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help to get rig of this virus![RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Thats good news Nick,

As far as all the antivirus programs etc that i've downloaded, what do you recommend I keep?

Keep Ewido, Cleanup!, Ad-aware, CWShredder is fine to keep as well, Keep HJT as well, ( Just remeber not to make any fix's with it unless your advised to )

Dowload the latest version of Spybot 1.3. Please check it for updates, Run the program and have it fix anything it finds in Red.

Obviously keep AVG updated,
Not a bad idea to run an online scan once in a while to keep a double check on things,

The rest you can remove,

Lets see what the missing dll warnings are

Don

Advertisements

nicksantopaolo

nicksantopaolo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Fantastic! I've got rid of all the relevant programs and kept the ones you said. Also, i updated spybot and ran it, and there were no problems found.

When booting up:

hpotdd01.exe - unable to locate DLL

ABReceiver.exe - "

Point32.exe - "

vsnpstd.exe - "

qttask.exe - "

avgemc.exe - "

ESSIDSET.exe - "

Thank You

Nick

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
hpotdd01.exe =
http://www.liutiliti...brary/hpotdd01/
Do you have your original software you could try and reload it, One of the dlls must have been removed

Again the same for ABReceiver.exe = Part of Bufallo Airstation WiFi client manager

Point32.exe = Microsoft Intellimouse console

vsnpstd.exe = Search for that file and delete it

qttask.exe = Apple QuickTime Tray Icon, You can uninstall this and if needed you will be prompted to download it, reinstall it and it should be fine

avgemc.exe = AVG Anti-Virus Cleaner, This is part of your Anti Virus program, reinstall it

ESSIDSET.exe = Also part of Bufallo Airstation WiFi client manager

Other than that everything working properly ?

nicksantopaolo

nicksantopaolo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Brilliant!

Everything is working fine now!

Thank you so much for your help

Nick

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.