Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Dlink

• Please log in to reply

Danawar

Danawar

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
My De link USB 'thing' does not seem to be conecting to my network on start up, origanly it worked and would connect easly but then i broke it and had to buy a new one, i have instaled the new software they are bouth pretty much the same, but this new one does not connect on start up unfortunatly i have to repair it on windows before it connects every time. also it seems my IP has changed from 192.168.1.4 to 1.2 :/ can any one help me restore it to its original state?

-thanks danawar

thing = usb stick that looks like a memory stick that connects to my dlink router :whistling:

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi Danawar,

Have you tried a System Restore? start/ run/ open=msconfig. Launch system restore on the General tab

Danawar

Danawar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
thats another problem the old software does not work with this new usb 'thing' but the software that came with it does... so system restore would unfortunatly not work :/

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the "thing" is a dongle...and it might be helpfull to get a model number for it

Danawar

Danawar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts