Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Rocket

Rocket

• Pip
  • 1 posts
What's all entailed to upgrade an XP PC running Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003? Will all the user's info carry over from the 2000 files?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
That's a good question....I have not migrated from 2000 to 2003, but the files are compatible,

When I say I have not done it, I mean not "upgraded" by inserting office 2003 and choosing upgrade. What I have done is import the outlook 2000 data files into 2003 without any real problems. The only glitch that I encounter is the Outlook Address Book and Contact settings sometimes get screwed up....ie, when you have a new email, click TO button, you're pointing at the Outlook Address Book, instead of contacts, which is counter intuitive to many.

All the rest remains the same.

Either way, you should back up your PST files and OAB files if you use them before attempting the upgrade