Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Customization Software for XP

• Please log in to reply

dragonskin29

dragonskin29

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
People always want to make their computer look cooler so I made a good list of customization software. If you think I have missed out on some please reply below so I could add it to the list.

Please note that I have tried this out only for XP. They are all FREE.

AlienGUIse
Has 4 Skins to choose from. Very good, consumes very little memory and it looks very good as well. Only Dark Skins are available. You can also separately download skins for Windows Media Player.

Download from HERE

Vista Inspirat 2
Turns your computer to look just like Vista. Its very good and looks exactly like Vista. You can choose which settings you like if you want to reduce on the usage of system resources. Like shadow's and the zoom effect when clicking on icons.

Download from HERE

FlyakiteOSX
Want your computer to look like a Mac, lot of people do so here is a great software to transform your computer to look like a Mac.

Download from HERE

Vista transformation Pack
Another vista transformation pack to make your computer look like Vista. This is very popular and even more popular than Vista Inspirat 2

Download from HERE

These are the ones I have tested and found no problems. There are several skins out there. I havent included any Windows Blinds Skins because you have to pay for Windows Blinds after the 60 day trial.

Remember just give me some more to add if you have tested it on your computer.

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Aston Shel Shareware but very cool for Window. My experience is good with it and it is lighter and faster than Explorer shell.

Edited by silverbeard, 31 August 2007 - 12:17 PM.