Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java

• Please log in to reply

O Town

O Town

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi there, I am having just one issue with Java. I am kinda a weather geek and run lots of weather satellite image apps (loops) and model run apps for storms on a daily basis. I have no issues running 95% of my applications. But I keep having issues loading this certain one, and its driving me nuts.
http://www.nco.ncep....en_l_loop.shtml
I opened my console and see the OutOfMemory Java Heap error message. Out of the 48 images or so that are supposed to load only about half usually load, give or take a few. I have a new computer with plenty of memory and disk space left. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :blink:

BTW
I have Windows XP, IE7, Java6 version1.6.

EDIT: I just tried to run the application a few more times, with different results each time. I actually got it to fully load for the first time in months by opening in a whole new window and was so happy, short lived though. I tried again and only got half loaded. Another time zero of the pictures would load. I am really confused now. ...... :whistling:

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi O Town,

You might try Firefox. It loaded the page for me with no issue. IE is not a standard compliant browser and has a hard time with some sites that require compliance with some web standards.

O Town

O Town

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi there silverbeard. I installed Firefox and tried to load the page, it loaded all 48 images rather quickly but then would not run the loop. At the bottom of the page it said applet AniS not inited. I think its a problem with my Java not my browser.
I have opened Java and emptied my temp. files, also in the console panel I have also tried l: dump classloader list
x: clear classloader cache
as that has helped with other loading issues I had in the past. Not helping this issue though.
Thanks again!