Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software or Harware problem?

• Please log in to reply

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
While we understand your frustration, providing solutions to these types of issues takes time. We have a "waiting room" section for people who need to escalate a response for assistance. After 3 days please post there in the future.

Do you know how much hard drive space your have? How much free space? One option might be that your running low on hard drive space.
Prefetch is clickable for more information

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up

Reboot

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run defragmenter

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Disable the anti virus programme then click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Check the anti virus programme is running

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

Click optimize and improve then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Barbs2, do understand that every computer issue is unique in its own way. Every condition makes a difference in the solution. You have a unique issue which is not simple to diagnose --- especially the first time. I'm not going to feed into your childish activity by arguing with you. Just remember though, everyone here works for free, and nobody wants to help a guest with an attitude. I suggest practicing some "humbility" before you make your next post. Every move we make determines what happens next. Would you rather me not be thorough and "mess something up"? Think on that one and give us a shout when you try Starjax's solution.

Edited by Facedown98, 19 September 2007 - 01:42 PM.

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I didnīt want for you to get angry i just wanted to know if you had forgot me or had no resolution to my problem, please understand that 70% of my cpu itīs used for working, and i,m getting desperate to have my problem fixed because i lose about 400 euros per month because of my cpu low performance.

Iīm going to try this resolutions and post later, thanks

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
No anger here :)

Just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page. Let us know how everything works after the solution.

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
OK

The issues iīve made maked my cpu performance get better about 15%, but still it doesnīt work no way near like before.

I was thinking i started to notess this issues more when i've installed microsoft Office 2007 could this have something to do with it?

Still canīt understand why i canīt record DVD more than 1xspeed, and why my graphic card shows a very low performance compared with before

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
There haven't been any electrical storms just before these strange things started happening, right? Power outages?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
as to the video issue, I suspect that you need to update your gart driver (related to chipset drivers). Nvidia drivers after the 78.xx require an updated gart driver to work properly.

Items in blue which are underlined are clickable to give more information about the process

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the program, click + next to computer then summary

Look on the Left for Motherboard / Chipset.

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unsure please post the make and model here before you download anything. I will glad to provide the correct link/instructions.

Please set a system restore point before you install anything

Edited by starjax, 22 September 2007 - 10:01 PM.

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Chipset VIA VT8751(A) ProSavageDDR P4M266(A)

Iīve found the manufacturer drivers but mine is not included in the recomended chipsets

Here is the link where i found them: http://www.viaarena....I...&CatID=1070

barbs2

barbs2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Waiting