Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

(STEAM)-Day Of Defeat Problem

• Please log in to reply

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
hi, im new here and have been searching for help. Problem: i play day of defeat, and im having a problem with the backwards key. i was playing DOD for about 5 or 10 minutes and suddenly i cant move backwards or type the key "S"...

ive tryed several things. i'm not an expert but i tryed reseting my keys back to the defoults and it only worked temporarly. one of my clan members told me to try deleting the Clientregistry.blob and the Steam.Ul.dll (no clue what that does) but that still didn't work. its nothing to do with my key board because its new and has been working fine since i got it in october. i registered at the steam forums site, but for some reason it says i dont have the privalage to post. i dont think anyone has had this problem before so im not gunna bother searching through pages and pages of forums for an answer.

if any of you can find out a solution to this problem either reply or email me at [email protected] :whistling: :blink: :help:

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
No one has posted a reply here, but I'm curious, do you use xfire? A few days ago I heard a friend of mine talking to someone saying that his S and x key I think it was wasn't working in DOD:S after installing xfire.

I have no clue why suddenly one of your keys would stop working, I haven't seen anything online or in the steam forums about it.

I just did some googling and came across this xfire post

From the looks of the last post they're still working on it.

Disregard my post above.

We're going to release one more fixed build to fix the stuck modifier key.

Announcement coming soon.

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thanks those xfire posts helped.. so i guess i'll reinstall xfire or get the updates.

thanks

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Awsome :-D

Kaygen123

Kaygen123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
so far so good