Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI express?

• Please log in to reply

Etana

Etana

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have a computer that is about 7 years old and the video card no longer cuts it (cant play bioschock!) Its a radeon 9500 pro, and i'm pretty sure its not a pci express card but is it possible to replace it with a PCIe? or do i have to stick with just pci unless i upgrade more? thanks!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the computer truly is 7 years old it will not be PCI-Express. There is no way to add PCI-Ex short of replacing the board, processor and memory at the very least.

Take the side of the case off.

Does your video card plug into a brown slot in the middle of the board or does it plug into one of the white slots towards the bottom of the board?

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
If it is 7 years old it is probably AGP and with a computer that old you definitely need to get a whole new one.