Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to unistall my symantec corporate ed?

• Please log in to reply

nessya

nessya

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
hi, i was thinking to change my antivirus. since i bought my laptop, they installed the symantec corporate ed, which i think wasn't good enough to protect my computer.
i was infected by w32.spybot.worm, and was asking 4 help in the forum, harry helped me before.
thx! =)

since that, i was thinking to change my antivirus, n wanted to unistall this. i got friend who was also using the same, she also got the anti virus since she bought the laptop.
our laptop is ace aspire 5583 anyway.
she tried to uninstall the symantec also, n wish could install the norton 2007, but she couldn't remove perfectly this symantec corporate ed.
learning from her experience, i am now scared to uninstall, so i thought i would like to ask guidance from u guys to help me through the uninstallation.
would you mind 2 help me?
=)

and is it a package or anything, that buying new laptop, acer laptop, they would automaticly installed this antivirus to our laptop?
or is it provided by microsoft? i'm using windows xp anyway.
=)

have any recommendation on antivirus i should install in my laptop?

thanks alot.
looking 4ward for your reply soon.

bst rgrds,
nessya.
=)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally you get shot of a program from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

If this fails, Norton has a tool which you must only use as a last resort and you can get it here:
http://www.vnunet.co...on-removal-tool

nessya

nessya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
thanks alot.
;p

it works.
hehe

=)
tq!