Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just A Question

• Please log in to reply

shel2004

shel2004

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
This may be a very stupid question, but I am gonna ask anyway. If you click onto a site and your virus protection pops up and says harmful script removed and trojan blocked, does that mean something is wrong with that website. And if your virus prtection jumps up and clears that away, should you click off the site or is it okay to keep browsing? :whistling:

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Depends on the site, whether it's a well known site, whether you're going to have faith in your anti-virus software or not and exactly what was blocked, provided your software provided names of the malware. Personally, I would leave and report the problem to the webmaster or abuse@sites_url.com.. I have CallingId installed for my browsers which provides additional info about a site. Does your anti-virus program have a blacklist you can access to see if the site is on it?

Ron

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
my rule is...if you hit a site that is trying to install ANYTHING without asking ...leave the site immediately and don't go back
if you hit a site and it asks you to install something ...you better be sure of the site before installing "it"...
not sure ..then DO NOT install anything

Edited by happyrck, 03 September 2007 - 06:58 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Use McAfee Site Advisor as well. It will tell you whether a site is good or bad.
It's such a handy tool, especially if you do a lot of google searching
http://www.siteadvis...ownload/ff.html