Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

active x errors

• Please log in to reply

ghatot20

ghatot20

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) :tazz:

[SIZE=7]

hi people i have a bit of a problem..... when i try and watch streaming videos i get an error msg ie...."your security settings do not allow active x controls to run. the page will not be displayed properly" also the other message i get is "secure v 5.0 video plugin not loaded."

please help... i havent deleted any files from the windows registry. it happened one very fine day....

thanks

ghatot20

Advertisements

sultan_emerr

sultan_emerr

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

;)  :tazz:

[SIZE=7]

hi people i have a bit of a problem..... when i try and watch streaming videos i get an error msg ie...."your security settings do not allow active x controls to run. the page will not be displayed properly" also the other message i get is "secure v 5.0 video plugin not loaded."

please help... i havent deleted any files from the windows registry. it happened one very fine day....
thanks
ghatot20

View Post

You might try: tools/internet options/security/custom/run ActiveX controls and plugins/prompt or enable(depending on how safe you want to be)/ok/yes/apply/ok , and be sure you have set Tools/internet options/security/ to default level or higher.
tools/io/security/trusted sites/sites/uncheck the secure sites, "require server verification" option/click "add site" and put the url for the site you want to go to in the box/ok/apply/ok

Set Tools/internet options/security/ to default level or higher, then for the site you want to go to add the url to the trusted zone sites in tools/ internet options/ security/ trusted zone., set its trusted zone security to medium low. ,
Then go to trusted zone and uncheck the require https or secure authentication, then click "add site" and type or enter the url for the site you want/hit enter/add site/ok/apply/ok.

ActiveX settings advice from Kim = http://www.komando.c...asp?showID=7837