Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors at startup

• Please log in to reply

divvet

divvet

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi when i start my pc, and the desktop first loads i get these erros.

First Error
Windows cannot find 'program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

Second error
Could not load or run 'Program' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registy.

third error
Windows cannot find 'mlg1.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

fourth error
Could not load or run 'mlg1.exe' specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registy.

can anyone tell me how to stop these happening? thanks

Edited by divvet, 14 April 2005 - 03:31 PM.

Advertisements

ianrickard

ianrickard

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have exactly the same problem. It started when I got loads of trojans and viruses when I stupidly accepted a file download that came through an msn window. Half an hour later and Norton and MS antispyware had managed to clean my system, but I had these annoying messages. I'd love to get rid of them, even though they're not really doing anything bad.

Petedave

Petedave

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not an expert in computers and this happened to me. i got in because in a messenger conversation i accepted a file which i really shouldn't have but coming from a friend I thought it would be OK. what it did was install a program called "mlg1.exe" into "C:\Program Files\Wafflez" at which point McAfee pounced on it and deleted it, unfortunately it left a key in the registry which means every time the computer starts up it tries to load it, because McAfee has deleted it you get the error messages so what I did was to delete the key from the registry

Start>Run> then type in "Regedit.exe" then click on edit>find and type in wafflez it will search then highlight one key which will say "load" on the left and on the right the file "C:\Program Files\Wafflez\Mlg1.exe" right click on this key and delete it and no others, otherwise bad things will happen close the registry editor and restart your pc and Voila annoyance gone

This worked for me on Windows 2000 pro :tazz:

Edited by Petedave, 24 April 2005 - 02:39 PM.

ianrickard

ianrickard

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks very much, this did the trick, on XP for me.

Much appreciated!

Edited by ianrickard, 24 April 2005 - 04:33 PM.