Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Software Application Problem - QuestSuite Pro

• Please log in to reply

Dillinger3

Dillinger3

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Date: 04 Sep 07

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently purchased a Single User License of the QuestSuite Professional software application.

QuestSuite Professional, rev. 1.70
Serial No.: Qz02632
URL Link: http://www.quest-tec...tware/index.htm

I successfully downloaded the software application onto my personal laptop computer:

- DELL Precision M65
- OS ---> Windows XP Professional

However, the software application will not run, and each time I try to start the software application an error message occurs and reads as follows:

Quest Suite Professional.exe – Unable to Locate Component

This application has failed to start because U2LST.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

We verified that the file indicated above (U2LST.dll) exists on my computer under the folder C:/Windows/Crystal. I re-installed the software, but the same problem occurred. Next, we checked to see if the QSP software application would work in “Safe Mode”, and it did work okay. But, it will not work in “normal mode”, and I keep getting the error message stated above. We also installed the software application on a different computer, and it worked without a problem.

We suspect that there may be a conflict with another application. A list of applications on my laptop computer are as follows:

· Bluetooth Manager

· InterVideo WinDVD 7.0

· Logitech QuickCam

· Microsoft Office 2003

· QSP – Quest Technologies

· Roxio 8

· Norton Antivirus Version 8

· Wave Embassy Security Center

· WinZip 8.1

· Yahoo Messenger

· Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard

· Adobe Reader 7.0

· Internet Explorer 7.0

· Microsoft Visio

· Windows Defender

Can you please assist to resolve this problem (potential conflict) ? I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Jay Luciani

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Not sure why you posted this here. I hope this is just a copy of the email you sent them. From reading, I would say your problem may reside with your sound card. I would suggest that you go to dell.com and install the latest driver for your sound.

In the meantime I hope they have responded to your issue.

Dillinger3

Dillinger3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
starjax,

Yes, I did contact the manufacturer of the software, but they provided limited assistance... so I thought I would try here at geekstogo. The software is used to run a program that can download noise exposure data from a sound level meter. But, when I downloaded the program to my laptop, it would not work... it did work however in "safe mode". I could not figure out why it did not work, except that maybe it is "old software" and incompatible with my newer system, or that maybe there was a conflict with another program.

So you are saying my sound card might be a potential problem ???

Appreciate any help you can give.

Regards,
Jay

P.S. - Not sure what the file is for U2LST.dll

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
when you boot into safe mode, it runs with a minimal set of drivers. That's why the program was working. In normal mode, it comes up with the error. I know it's sound due to the folder location of "crystal".

1)try updating your sound drivers. test and see if it works.

2)if it doesn't, then copy the dll file to the root of the c:\windows\system32 folder and test again.

Dillinger3

Dillinger3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
starjax. . . .

#2 worked. . . . thanx very much. . . .

regards,
Jay