Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

broadcom wireless problems

• Please log in to reply

gottabemixin

gottabemixin

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i have been tring to fix my friends laptop and i am having trouble getting a driver to stick. its a Gateway 6022GZ Notebook and it has a broadcom BCM 94318 MPG(802.11b/g) I hav downloaded the driver from the gateway site and a driver download site and everytime i install it and i go into device manager it still shows up with a yellow triangle witha ! in the middle im not sure im doing everything right im having to download the drivers to my laptop and transfer them to hers because i dont have internet access at the moment all i have is wireless access from other sources and i need her wireless to be up so i can finish downloads windows xp fixes and other stuff please help me out im out of ideas

Robert

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Have you tried to use the Applicatioin and Driver Recovery program that should be installed on the laptop? It is in the Start menu under System Recovery.

gottabemixin

gottabemixin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i tried that and it didnt work?