Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Share outlook contacts and Calendars

• Please log in to reply

jamiemac

jamiemac

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ok this seems like such a simple idea..

My wife has outlook 2003 ruinning on Vista
I have outlook 2003 running on XP

We would like to to be able to use the same contacts list.

I understand it is not simply a question of pointing at the same PST file. I believe I could go out and spend a small fortune on buying Exchnage server but I would struggle to set it up. We both use SMPT / POP3 with www.ukgatway.net

Ultimately I would like for eiteher of us to be able use our laptops on other people's neworks when we travel but to still be able to use email. And when we are together at home again our laptops would be able update the master contact list in some way?

It sounds simple enough but seems really to hard to do? Any ideas geeksters?

Cheers,

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Its not really practical, you'd be better off storing the local list on each computer separately and on occasion manually adding/removing the contacts on a per machine basis.

Exchange server is well overkill for what you want, whereas you can do the same job, say, once a month on each machine.