Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Read Email

• Please log in to reply

princess

princess

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I use XP Home, and IE. Don't know what I clicked into -- I was going to my email and got a pop-up that said something like "clicking the link could cause problems -- continue?" I stupidly thought it meant clicking an ad (which I don't do) and I said OK to continue. I have no idea what I did but now all the text (except hyperlinks) looks like pipes -- something like this: == === ===
What's very interesting is that yesterday, on another machine, on a completely different email program, I received an email with the same kind of "encryption" (I'm not sure if that's what it is) and I couldn't read that email, although everything else on that email program is OK. Is this some kind of virus or just a problem that I should know about? I ran Ad-aware and AVG and I'm still having the problem. I have other email programs and none of the others seem to have gotten affected; in fact, on the email program that has the problem I have two or three other accounts under that main name and the other accounts don't seem to be affected either. Do you know what this is? Thanks.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you read and follow the instrctions at this link?

Read This Before Postinga Hijack This Log

Please follow instructions thoroughly and someone will get back to you to read your log and give you further instructions.

Please be patient as this is a very busy site so it may take awhile. Thank you for using GTG.

Ron