Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just setup m$ wireless-g router

• Please log in to reply

rulesofroad

rulesofroad

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i've been searching the net for answers for a good hour or two and can't find an answer.

since i installed this router, a .ink has been created in my startup, targetting to c:/windows/installer/{8CC15633-2327-43F4-BA85-B83FDB4B59BE}/_18be6784.exe

i don't know what this does, in the same folder are two files that look like theyre part of the same group. if i delete any of them, i get an error saying they're in use, but i am able to delete them shortly after. however, when i do, my broadband network utility goes down.

i removed the .ink from my startup, however.

here is a screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by rulesofroad, 14 April 2005 - 07:07 PM.

Advertisements

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Right if they repair dont delete them. Apart from them being there is anything bad happening to your computer. Run a spyware and virus scan to see if they think there bad. My thinking at the moment is that there something to do with the router and you shouldn't be deleting or changing them.

rulesofroad

rulesofroad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks, i'm pretty sure they are part of the router. but i don't know what they do. botch install? but it happens all the time