Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Myspace missing text

• Please log in to reply

Barry Wake

Barry Wake

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am experiencing a strange problem with Myspace (www.myspace.com/barrywake) . In recent days, when I visit my profile page, part way down the page the text and photos have disappeared, and there is just a large space before the "Friends" links appear. When I click refresh, the missing text and photos reappear in the gap for a few seconds and then disappear again.
Everything is as it should be on my home page.

I run another myspace for a dance group (www.myspace.com/southernlightsdancers) and the same problem is occurring.

Any solutions out there?

Thanks,
Barry Wake

Edited by Barry Wake, 08 September 2007 - 09:41 AM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Might be related to MySpace updating their site. From Tom:

Subject: your friends have not been deleted!
Body: Just wanted to update everyone on this issue. Last Friday we ran some database jobs to fix an inaccuracy in the way we were counting the number of friends each user has. WE DID NOT DELETE YOUR FRIENDS! We simply fixed the number that shows on your profile. You can read more about it in my blog! I know people are very worried they lost friends, but you did not - your friend count is just closer to being accurate. We're only about halfway through, so your count will still decline until it's completely finished.

Ron