Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RUNTIME ERROR

• Please log in to reply

Piratesmate

Piratesmate

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Below is the error I am now receiving when trying to use MS Word.
I am unable to use MS Word now since I receive this error.
Please help since I need to type over 45 pages by Sunday night for my job. I don't type I lose money.
Thank you for any help.
I have MS Word 2002 SP3 :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• runtime_error_ms_word.jpg

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Piratesmate.

Look at Microsoft article 555220 for troubleshooting tips for the Visual C++ Runtime Error.

If nothing else, starting Word with the /a switch may enable you to get your stuff typed by your deadline.

Let us know how it goes.

Piratesmate

Piratesmate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thanks for the help.
For some strange reason, my desktop has what I call "ghost" icons indicating that a word document was open and in my case, it showed that two were open when in fact they were not. The two MS word documents that were showing up on the desktop were very old stuff that either have been deleted some time ago or a document that hasn't been used in a long time.
Perhaps my computer is haunted? LOL
Anyways, what I did was drag those two "ghost" documents to the trash bin and rebooted the computer. Computer ran okay after that.
Any reason why all of a sudden it would show that there are two other MS word document files open when in fact they weren't?

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Deleting those two got rid of the C++ error? I don't know why that would have happened, but I'm glad you've gotten it fixed :whistling:

Piratesmate

Piratesmate

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Linda,
You are correct.
I just dragged the two supposedly open files to the recycle bin and then rebooted and everything is fine now.
Strange!
Appreciate your help! :whistling: