Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Glitch

• Please log in to reply

w0lverine

w0lverine

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hey guys, I got a new laptop sitting on a full docking station and stand setup that is giving a wierd glitch. Whenever you scroll the mouse over to the second screen, it turns into a square of random red pixels. It won't show up on a screenshot or I would post a pic up. Basically it looks as if the image for the mouse pointer is missing, but it is only showing on the second screen, which is DVI.

Should I reinstall the video drivers? I'll go try that, and if it doesn't work i'll reply to this. Any other thoughts in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, can't figure out how to delete this post. I figured it out, the DVI cable on the back of the docking station was loose, and I reinstalled the drivers to be sure, and it works fine now. If this post can be deleted that would be appreciated. sorry.

Edited by w0lverine, 10 September 2007 - 04:04 PM.

Advertisements