Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet won't work

• Please log in to reply

CBurton

CBurton

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently removed the trojan.w32.looksky virus from my computer using smitfraudfix from you site. It seems to have worked fine in that I get no "error/remove this virus" messages and the computer speed is back to normal. Everything looks clean. But my internet access has not returned to me. On the one hand I think the internet block is due to the virus since the internet was working fine before I got the virus, and on the other hand I think it may just be an error on my part in setting the internet back up now that the virus is removed.
It is a wireless connection; I know it works because other laptops can access the internet but not mine :whistling: . Another clue I have is that the wireless internet icon in the bottom tray has disappeared. If I try to access the internet Mozilla says to check my computer's network connection; the server for any webpage I chose cannot be found. I have not changed any settings to my firewall and as far as I know Mozilla is enabled to access the internet and, it always has been. Please help me!

Sincerly
CBurton

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Did you check your wireless network from Control Panel? Look under Network Connections, then click on your Wireless Connection link. It should enable this. Or right click on the link and choose Repair if it is enabled already.

Ron