Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't uninstall Symantec Corporate 7.5 on Vista

• Please log in to reply

shadeymonk

shadeymonk

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Through my school I had Symantec Corporate 7.5 Anti-Virs on my Windows XP computer. I upgraded to Vista ultimate without uninstalling any programs. Symantec 7.5 isn't configured to work with Vista so I want to uninstall it. When I try to uninstall it tells me it can't because it's not configured for vista. So I tried just disabling it and installing Kasperspy Internet Security, however it wont install until Symantec is uninstalled. Is there a manual way to get symantec off my machine? Thank you!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Well you certainly created a mess for your self. If you had run the vista upgrade advisor, it should have advised you to uninstall it before doing the upgrade.

Symantec 7.5 corp. is now considered unsupported. So it makes finding the document difficult on their site. However, thanks to google, here is the manual instructions:

symantec AntiVirus 7.5 corp. manual uninstall