Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply

belmontboy2001

belmontboy2001

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I get this message everytime i open my videos folder. Then windows explorer restarts. Only this 1 folder does this (so far). This folder contains a bunch of free music videos i downloaded from Azureus Vuze. This folder crashes Windows Media Center, Windows Player, Quicktime, anything that tries to access files in this folder crashes. I know..i know... you're thinking virus, so am i. My question is should i just delete the folder and carry on or is there something that can be done for this? Is this a virus or vista problem?

Thanks

Advertisements

belmontboy2001

belmontboy2001

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey thanks for all your help....you guys are awsome, great insight into my issue.

So i uninstalled a pirated version of nero 7 for vista and most all my problems were gone.........

If you are downloading software and the blogs say there is a virus i guess there really is one.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
belmontboy2001,

Glad you got your problem fixed. It is generly not a good idea to get pirated version of any software for just that reason. Not to mention if any tech support site finds out like this one and you need help with it we will not support it.